Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th 2011


Ten years ago was September 11th 2001. I can't even begin to describe how it must have felt for people in New York at that time. I can't even remember that day and it makes me mad.... I was only in kindergarten but I still wish I could remember it. I never really took in just how severe that event was until today... I watched a show today on TV about 9/11, it was supposed to be a documentary on firefighters but the film makers ended up getting a lot more then that. In the show the firefighters who had survived were never the same and they still aren't. No matter how much counseling and time that went by they could not forget. 9/11 was like yesterday to them. A lot of the firefighters ended up getting cancer from breathing in the air that day. The damage to their lungs still affects them. This makes me so sad that people who risked their lives to save others have to endure this as well. This event is hard to comprehend. I understand it, but I still don't fully understand it.. (if that makes sense) Over 3,000 people lost their lives.. but when does a single life lost have to become a statistic. I'm sorry if this blog is too serious... I just had a lot of thoughts today and thought I would share. Please leave your comments on the topic if you wish.
This picture always inspires me. It's a symbol that our nation is still strong.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful. Dog days are over sounds really good as background music while reading this. What I really love is how even though the terrorists tried to pull us apart with this it really united us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I was feeling inspired that day... And I felt like I should write something on here!

    ReplyDelete